- 2004: Ph.D., Geography, University of Southampton, UK. Supervisor: Prof. Peter Atkinson.
Thesis: “Evaluating the effect of data and data uncertainty on predictions of flood inundation”. Read more about this here.
- 1998: B.Sc., Environmental Sciences, University of Southampton, UK.
Thesis: “Using TOPMODEL to predict discharge in the Highland Water catchment, New Forest”.
- 2017-present: Professor in Spatial Information, Geospatial Research Institute Toi Hangarau and Department of Geography, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- 2013-2016: Head, Department of Geography, University of the West Indies, Trinidad & Tobago.
- 2007-2017: Senior Lecturer in GIS, University of the West Indies, Trinidad & Tobago.
- 2004-2007: Lecturer in GIS, Department of Geography, University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- 2003-2004: Post-doctoral Research Assistant, School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol, United Kingdom.
Project: “The next generation of computer models for the prediction of flood level and inundation extent”. Principal investigator: Prof. Paul Bates.